Sunday, July 27, 2008

Harvest Time Pear greanbeans


Dolly was heading our way we thought the other day so I went outside to pick the pears from the fruit orchard before it knocked them down and my husband helped. We were pleasantly surprised to get so many for second season. Last season we had just planted the tree, so I am hoping my next season it will be even more pears.

Not sure what I am going to do with them, but I better hurry before they rot or husband eats them all hehe I also picked a lot of green beans that day and we ate the whole lot of it that night yum.

Well the turkeys are doing ok still thank goodness I am praying the worst is over now. We havent had any more attacks on the sheep lately but we have been keeping them in the orchard. Took my husband on a date to go see the “Darknight” it was pretty gloomy I wouldn’t take my own kids to go see it which is why we left Randy here with Tommy today. My dad and sister were right next door.

Tomorrow is our co-op meeting for my homeschool group. I hope she takes my suggestion on making it a 3 hour day for classes per day instead of 4 hours and giving the kids and moms more lunch hour play time.

I just used the last of my pecans from last year on some pumpkin bread I can’t wait till next seasons pecans I already have a trade going for some syrup.

Well that’s it for tonight.

No comments: