Friday, July 4, 2008

Salsa time


So what do you do when you get a deal on a box of tomotoes? Well I could have freezed them but instead we got my mothers recipe out and made some salsa. Of course I had to go get some more jalapenos I didnt have enough and I had to buy some more jar seals.

It came out really, really hot. My husband must have been mad at me hahaha. There is a saying in my family when my mother would make some salsa and if it came out really hot she was really mad at my dad. So when it did we would say, "Gosh mom you must have been mad at dad when you were making this hahaha"
My husband has my moms recipe sort of.....she made it with him once and he wrote it down. My husband said I could never divorse him because he has all my mothers recipes :)

Well I hope everyone had a happy 4th of July. We worked our rears off today but most holidays we do.
Farm Life I moved 20 chicks into the main coop today. We will see how they survive with the older chicks. Tomorrow night we put in more till they are all out there. This is where I might lose half my chicks to predators sigh...

No comments: