Monday, June 9, 2008

Update on garden June 1st week






Well my babys are doing really good but I wish I could get them in the barn
but I need to make a corral for them. I am trying to get my dad to make one for
me. He told me today I should give Barrels a break and let her feed her babys
and not milk her. "Blink, Blink" not milk her then why would I did I even get
her then if not to milk her? Dad just dosent understand. He never really had a
milking goat.




I had to explain to him that I am not going to start milking her right
away, the babys are going to be drinking for awhile now, but when they start to
finally eat and I supplement their feed is when I will start milking Barrels so
her milk production won't be going down since the babys are no longer drinking
as much.




I will be only milking her in the mornings for now and let the babys have
the rest of the milk for the rest of the days till I wean the babys off her.
Some days I wont be able to milk her so it will be really convient to let the
babys have the milk. I did this last year and it worked out really well.




I laugh when I think of the time I was milking her and we had the bats come
in from Mexico and I was trying to milk her with hundreds of bats flying around.
I wasnt worried about them biting me or falling in my hair I was worried about
poop falling on me hahaha.


Well got to go things to do




Sam
HTML>

No comments: