Monday, December 17, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree


Quote for the day: Walk tall as the trees, live strong as the mountains, be gentle as the spring winds, keep the warmth of the summer sun in your heart, and the great spirit will always be with you.
Yes we finally got our Christmas tree up. I told my hubby to get a small one, well.....that didn't happen as you can see haha. Its sort of leaning as you can see but the kids and Tom were mighty proud of it. Its a douglas fir and it has tiny pine cones on it. Later the tree will become lovely compost.
Yes it is real. We would never get a fake tree yuk, phoey, yes my allergies are killing me but hey it smells good :)
It was fun to look at our ornament's that we have picked up from year after year. My daughter pretty much takes over decorating the tree. Tommy helps of course, I have to remind my daughter to leave an ornament alone if Tommy puts it in a place she dosent like. My son has a tendency to put the ornaments in a row like little soliders haha. Miranda can't stand it. So I know it bugs her and I tell her change it later when he is not looking just don't scold him for it encourage him instead.
I told her when she gets older she better not being scolding her kids, "NOT there!" I told her if it bugs her so much wait till they are not looking then move it. I told her if she kept nagging Tommy he will hate to decorate the tree.
Its been a long day I didnt get to vacumm, crack my pecans or make the coke cola brownies but I did clean both roasters from the tamales, put the tamales in the freezer, cleaned up the living room, washed and dryed 4 loads of clothes, took a walk, looked and found train set, cleaned the bucket that held the corn husks, made lunch, dinner for family and cleaned up the kitchen and now I am drinking tea writing this...not bad....I think :)
Tomorrow we go to town to take Tommy to his speech class, go to gym, lunch and Walmart of course to get a few things we need.
thats all folks
Sam

No comments: