Friday, May 9, 2008

The AppleSeed project


Above: Tom and Randy target shooting before they leave.
Well hubby and daughter are off this weekend to the AppleSeed project near Temple Texas. No they are not going to plant apple trees hahaha. The AppleSeed project is part of the Revolutionary War Veterans Association.
Here is a quote from their website "designed to take you from being a simple rifle owner to being a true rifleman. All throughout American history, the rifleman has been defined as a marksman capable of hitting a man-sized target from 500 yards away — no ifs, ands or buts about it. This 500-yard range is traditionally known as "the rifleman's quarter-mile;" a rifleman can hit just about any target he can see. This skill was particulary evident in the birth of our country, and was the difference in winning the Revolutionary War. More on it http://www.appleseedinfo.org/
They of course do a lot of gun safety stuff. Hubby was really excited about going and Miranda too, today they did some practice shots at a target and Miranda hit the bulls eyes. She takes after her mommy what can I say haha shhh don't tell Tom.
Personally I think anyone that owns a gun should take some sort of gun safety course. I realize a lot of people don't believe in guns and well that is fine and dandy its your right not to bear arms if you don't want too. Hey don't you just love America. Just don't think you have the right to take my guns away.
Living on a ranch and growing up on a ranch we have guns its simple. If you have a rattlesnake that has cornered your kid on a porch I would rather much take my chances trying to shoot it then trying to kill it with a rake or call the police who know telling when they will show up at your place, this is just one simple example.
Miranda has instructions to take pictures of the camp ground while they are there to show me. Maybe next time when my dad is back home Tommy and I can go as well. We can man the camp while they go off to the shoot range on the ranch.
Tommy is too young to do this now, Tom hopes to become an instructor in time if he really likes it, maybe even start one closer to San Antonio someday? Anyways they will be gone for the weekend. Tommy and I are going to the new Farmers market tomorrow, my sister Marta might go with us. I bought a slip and slide for Tommy and his cousins to play on today and tomorrow its really hot today here in Texas
Well I need to finish cleaning still sooooo poof
Sam

No comments: