Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The water cure

Farm life: Turkey chicks are doing great, almost chance of rain today but it blew by us so sad just half mile away it rained. Field is going really dry. We really need to cull our sheep but haven’t had the time. Pecans are still looking great!
Garden is doing ok, ants and other bugs are starting to attack it along with the over grown grass its been hard to go out and weed though. I did weed over the rose garden/Herb garden today.

It’s been one week since I started the water cure program with the book, “You’re not sick you’re Thirsty” I wanted to mark this day so I know exactly when I started. In one week Pros: I feel tons better. If I drink two glasses of water before I go outside I don’t have much allergys infact it’s been a week since I have taken any meds for it. My skin feels clearer. I am not eating as much.
Cons: I keep having to go to the bathroom they say its gets better as you go along you won’t have to go as much I hope that is true. My chiropractor gave me these strips to test to see if I am dehydrated; it has certain levels to let you know. Mine wasn’t really bad but I am still dehydrated the same for my kids. My husband was the only one that is doing really well with his water intake.

My sister also took the test and I laughed when she said, “But I just drank water” Your body is like a dry sponge when you’re dehydrated and each time you drink water it’s like only a drop being put into the sponge. It will take many drops to make to fill and heal you. It’s so fascinating the book I found out when you feel thirsty its already too late for your body, which means your body is already in red alert that you needed that water long ago.

Also found out those sensors that try to let us know we are thirsty we usually lose it as we grow older. Which might be the reason why so many people are overweight when they get older the signals get weak and they might think they are hungry not thirsty.

No comments: